Spinach Pesto Pasta
Lunch & Dinner
- 3/4 tsp. kosher salt, divided
- 1/4 piece red onion, peeled
- 5 garlic cloves, peeled
- 3 cups loosely-packed spinach, arugula, or kale leaves
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
1 lb. fusilli or similar shaped pasta
Cook the pasta
- Using the Microwave Pasta Maker, add pasta and � tsp. of the salt. Add water to the max fill line, then microwave 8 minutes or until desired doneness.
Make the sauce
- In the base of the Power Chef System fitted with blade accessory add remaining salt, onion, garlic, spinach, walnuts and oil. Cover and pull cord until well minced and saucy. Add additional olive oil as needed to reach desired sauce consistency.
Toss and serve
- Drain pasta, transfer to large bowl. Toss with pesto. Serve warm or cold.